Friday, June 26, 2009

San Diego

My last port of call in the USA, prior to flying out to OZ, and home near Cairns, via Sydney, where I made a quick stop-over to visit my daughter, was San Diego. Here I had the privilege and joy of spending a few days with James and Jera, whom I had met on my previous visit. They lived in a semi-rural area, about an hours drive from the city on the family estate.

Before we travelled to their home we spent an hour or so on the beach- front, having a picnic lunch in a very natural way sitting on the rocks. It was a most pleasant experience, to say the least, and one which could not have been better chosen.

I must, once again, have had a slack attack with my photography, as their organic vegetable garden missed out on being photographed for me to be able to share it with you.





Nevertheless I did photograph the large pond, or dam, which is on the property, and from which the water is drawnto water their garden and trees. Preferring to not walk along the roads which did not have foot-paths, each day I made it my business to enjoy the dam and its environs by briskly walking around it several times. I am not sure of the distance covered, but found that I could circumnavigate it at least 16 times in an hour.


We visited several pot-lucks as we toured the local district informing those who attended of my up and coming lecture.
















All of them were held in delightful garden settings, and although the sun was shining, the weather was still quite cool.




On my last day, James, Jera, and I hiked up a nearby hill to their home which provided an extensive panoramic view of the surrounding country-side. From memory, I believe it took us just over an hour to reach the top-most point.





As can be seen, the country, without water, is quite dry with low lying bushy cover. When water is supplied it blooms, growing a wide range of fruits and vegetables, including some sub-tropical ones.


I for one, am eternally grateful to James and Jera for inviting into their home and giving me the opportunity of sharing their thoughts, feelings and dreams, with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello John,
Thanks very much for your blog.
I read it with great interest it is good to know that at least there is one person in this world that know what they re talking about re.health and true healing.
Love
Jerome