Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cleveland


From Toledo I continued on my westward journey to Cleveland and the friendly presence and home of Helen and John who were my most gracious hosts. They lived in a very beautiful rural setting of small acreage holdings in the midst of large corn growing farms. I could not have chosen amore harmonious environment if I had tried.



Their lovingly tended organic garden was a delight to see, and one which I would have been truly proud to have in my back-yard.





Whenever possible advantage was taken of the sunny days to eat outside sitting on the ground to do so. Thus at the same time gaining the benefit of the terrestial radiations, and the solar radiations to enhance those of the (mostly), home, and organically grown food being consumed.




Still in use are some of the old barns and silos for the storing of the corn harvested on the surrounding farms.





During my time with Helen and John we were fortunate to be able to find the time in between my lectures to attend a concert by the Cleveland Chamber Orchestra and Choir.






Upon our arrival we thought there would only be a few attending, not realising that we in fact were quite early and were observing a pre-presentation rehearsal. By the time that the actual concert commenced, there was not a spare seat in the auditorium.

Thank you Helen and John.

No comments: