Saturday, June 13, 2009

Austria

My very good friends in Slovenia made the very kind offer to drive me to my next venue in Austria, which I gladly accepted, for it presented quite an interesting situation, transport wise, to enable me to access the village which I was staying in. The whole logistics of it were quite something. And upon arrival at the village, what we felt would be quite straight forward instructions, we found to be otherwise. The street naming and numbering was very confusing, to say the least, and even the locals took some time to decipher where we wished to go. Fortunately my friend was keeping an eye out for us, or we may still be looking. And this was one of the few occasions that I have been thankful for mobile phones.
This is an early morning view of the Tyrol mountains from the village, and here also is the first viewing of the mountains as we crossed the bored from Slovenia into Austria.

No comments: