Wednesday, July 9, 2008

2008 ROW Lecture Tour - New York


After leaving Chicago, my next port of call was New York, and as my first venue there was at Westhampton, Long Island, it was necessary for me to catch the train which departed from Penn Station, in Manhattan. On my arrival at the station I was surprised to find there a busker, Sean Grissom, whom I had previously met some two years earlier in Grand Central Station. We had quite a happy re-union and he again shared with me some of his CD's for me to play on my radio programmes upon my return to OZ.
Unfortunately, even with the flash, there was in-sufficient light to enable me to get a clear image. At least, though, you are able to perceive some idea of the image he portrays, with his celtic acoustic cello. And I must admit that his presence certainly is very pleasant and up-lifting in a place which otherwise is not aesthetically pleasant, a huge cavernous area filled with hustling and bustling people.

This is the very pleasant home in which I stayed whilst in Westhampton. My host were most gracious, and I most certainly could not have had better accommodation in a five star hotel. It was a delight to be sure, and I indeed felt most priviledged to be given this opportunity to share in their home and lives.
By this time, and in this area, which must have been much warmer than Chicago, the trees were blossoming, with many of them already in full leaf.

This was such a grand display in an otherwise rather sombre view, that I felt I could not fail to photograph it for sharing with you. It again, was one of the few sunny days which I experienced, meaning that I certainly made good use of my wet-weather gear.


After leaving Westhampton, I visited with my good friends Rhio and Leigh, who live in Manhattan NY, and have a small farm at Port Jervois, New Jersey. You may read about them and their very wonderful and important activities by going to their website at:

www.rawfoodinfo.com

I must have been having a "slack attack" at this stage of my journeying, as I entirely forgot to take any photos to share with you of this time. Allow me to share with you with words the great time that I spent with these two lovely,vibrant people. Rhio has written a most informative, and helpful book for any-one wishing to follow the Hygienic lifestyle and raw food eating. It is entitled, "Hooked on Raw", and I am sure any-one would benefit from reading it, along with the scrumptious raw food recipes she has provided for our consumption.

Leigh, on the other hand, is most interested in radio, and as you well know, another of my loves, and has developed an internet radio station, Tribeca Radio, which can be accessed anywhere in the world, just as long as you have internet connection. And as you will observe, when you visit their website, I am one of the guest speakers on there. So as you can well imagine,we have much in common, and especially for endless discussion.

After spending one night in Manhattan, we traveled down to the farm at Port Jervois, a most delightful place, to be sure, where I had the joy of being able to share with them our areas of common interest, as well as be of some small assistance as they planted new trees and a vegetable patch. I look forward to their travelling to OZ and participating in some of our wonders.

No comments: