Saturday, May 7, 2011

ROW Lecture Tour - India Part 5


This is the type of bed on which most sleep, commonly known as a charpoy. Fortunately I was not required to sleep on one without a mattress for more than one night, yet that night was not too sleepless either. Otherwise I was provided with a thin, but quite adequate mattress. Overall much better than  the bed of nails often displayed as commonly used by yogis.


If they could afford to do so, the local people loved to paint their houses in bright colours.


It is a real joy to see the pride these people take if and when they can afford to do do so. Most, of course, cannot afford to do so.


From time to time, amongst the two or three roomed dwellings of the average person, we find some quite large mansions.


No matter whether the house is large or small, it is always open to visitors, and especially some-one from a far country is made welcome even in the most modest of homes.


Whilst in Kerala I had the priviledge and joy of meeting with Dr Sukumar Azhikode, writer, scholar, author,orator, and teacher. These are some of the awards he has received in his lifetime.


Dr Azhikode and myself.


Dr Azhikode's home and him saying his farewells to another friend, the Buddhist monk, Bhanta U Dhammanda  and Dr  Viswambharan



This is a photo on Dr Azhikode's wall of a time when he addressed over 30,000 people so I was informed.



This is the first of a number of vegetarian  and Eco- shops set 
up by Dr Vadakkanchery


This was the investment of appreciation and friendship to myself on the at one of the Life Natural, Nature Cure Hospitals, on the eve of my departure to the UK.


Thank you to all of our friends, Nature Curists, Hygienists, and those who believe, and support, and continue to support the ideals and practice of Nature Cure and Natural Hygiene in India, for inviting me to visit, and share with you the vital truth's of these disciplines. 










4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very attractive and effective blog is created by the blog owner I like the way of present his view with visitors. I would like to come on this blog again and again. Goa Tour Packages, Tour Packages to South India

Travel Corporation India said...

Amazing post about lecture tour. thanks for sharing this.

Travel to India

Jack Witson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David John said...

I believe your blog is currently one of the best posts I ever reviewed. I merely unintentionally found your site after playing online bingo game. Find out more here and try to play the game.
car rental in singapore