Wednesday, April 13, 2016

ROW Lecture Tour 2016 - Croatia & Slovenia

After leaving Milan, I travelled to Irdija in Slovenia via Ljubljana by bus. My time in Slovenia was spent mostly arranging for next years visit, and subsequently I completely forgot to take any photos to share. The time went so quickly that it seemed as though I had just arrived, and I was once again on my way, this time to Zagreb by train  supposedly. Unfortunately I missed the train by five minutes or so due to heavy traffic conditions. Fortunately though, I was able to travel by bus to my destination arriving two hours later than expected.
 This turned out to be very fortuitous as on the bus journey there were only two occupants, with the other occupant being a tennis coach with whom I found we had much in common. So a very valuable friendship was made, of mutual benefit to us both.



Having arrived safely in Zagreb, I then transferred once again, with the invaluable assistance of my new found friend to the train to take me to Varazind, where my friends would meet me to travel to the nearby town of Cakovec.
The above photo is part of the main street in Cakovek,and in spite of a cold wind blowing there were a few hardy souls sitting at the outdoor cafe.






A further view of the main centre of the town with the towHall clock.


Looking back through the town centre. I believe that in the earlier years there were more trees.


One of the ornamented old buildings in the town.


This is the new cultural centre at the end of the town centre.


And the first flowers of the year after winter.



The interior of one of the yet to be completed room of the Rufolf Steiner Centre


This was the delightfully airy lecture hall




These two photos are of the Rudolf Steiner building which, when visited last year was far from completed and tended to look rather derelict. The present director, whom I had the priviledge of meeting previously,Dijna Posavec, is very much to be commended for her dedication and application which has resulted in this much to be commended, and ongoing, outcome.


A remnant of the enthusiastic group who attended the lecture with the director, Dijana Posavec in the front row to the right.


No comments: