Sunday, February 7, 2010

Up-Date From Jim

Hi John!


Of course you can publish my dribble on your blog....

I should also have mentioned that many other 'nasties' have disappeared fro=

m my body - like the constant aches in my knees and elbows, the 'turns' I w=

as almost experiencing everyday and the broken sleep... and a heap of littl=

e things! The fast worked many wonders and seemed to have kicked started my=

body in many facets...

Sent: Sunday, 7 February 2010 5:21 AM


To: John Fielder

Subject: Many thanks!







Hi John!



Please forgive the huge delay in correspondence - no excuse! I've been slack!







An update in my own health is needed...







Firstly many thanks for the time and care at the farm during October - gee, was it that long ago? I really enjoyed my days of reading and discussion with you. I missed your friendship greatly when I returned. In truth, except for Judy I just don't have any support at all for my 'strange' diet and 'weird' view of disease, nutrition and health. Accordingly, I keep my lifestyle pretty low-key and choose to keep to myself most of the time. I really missed having you to answer my questions about all the things that interest me and which I find so frustrating in this unreal world.



After the fast I was exhausted and it did take quite awhile to recover my full strength. Work was extremely enervating for me for a few months. I have maintained my raw food diet and all the stuff that you said to me is slowly unfolding.



You were so right about so many things John. I'm writing today because I wanted to tell you that slowly my memory seems to be returning. I haven't suddenly recalled everything but I have had a few awakenings over the passed couple of weeks. I was a bit disappointed that there were no sensational flashes of lightning or bright lights...!!! One day as I was in bed with Judy as we were talking... I just remembered an experience I had in China involving a beggar man in Xingtai, the city I lived in. It was just 'there' - no doubt as it always had been - and it just tumbled out unexpectedly. I suppose this doesn't really surprise you at all? However, this is something that has really been brought home to me about the way nature and our systems and healing itself usually works. There is a process occurring constantly and it just flows along (if allowed to) and there really are no bright revelations, just this constant movement, these wonderful cycles that flow around us and within us. What a wonderful thing life really is!



Unfortunately our manmade world craves sensationalism and instant gratification... and I have been badly brain-washed by this paradigm too... We think that if there is no instant 'fix' then nothing has happened... hence drugs, surgery and our convoluted view of healing. I'm still seeped in this perspective, it scars my understanding and warps my view of life too. But I am beginning to see that nature works through processes. My own healing has been slow and I bet it has been constant too, even though I can't see it.



Sssooooooooooooo.... now I am slowly regaining my lost memory... slowly and I believe my mind has improved also. No, I understand that I am not 'there' yet but I am moving in a definite direction and it just excites my heart and soul to soaring heights when I see that I am moving out of the mess I was once in. I'm actually very thankful that this process is so gentle. The accident was such a violent,savage slash into my being and it tore me apart in so many ways - but my healing has been so very gracious and respectful of my heart and of my feelings and I really am beginning to appreciate this process now. Even if I never regain all those lost years I feel that there is something wonderful in having had this process revealed to me.



Yes John, I have learnt a great deal through your care and I am so very thankful.



Life flows on and the opportunity for real health and longevity lies before us all. Health! - there's just so much contained in that one word. I know that nourishment and sustainence and healing and fulfillment are really such simple things and that they are within our grasp and that they are all around us. I know we complicate things out of all proportion.



I still admire Gandhi and Thoreau and all men who embrace a minimalist lifestyle and for this reason I admire you also John. I can see that your life reflects this gentle knowing also. Thank you so much for the assistance and the example.

So, I am just very comforted in having experienced that fortnight at Clohesy River Farm and I feel so very much blessed to have met you and felt the support that you offer to all who go under your care. I would dearly love to return but my fortnight with you was a major expense for Judy and I and, in truth, we could not repeat such for some time. Regardless I can see that the fasting process greatly accelerates healing. Maybe in time (without the fast) I may have had an improvement in my health but it really would have taken such a long ammount of time. I wonder if I would have given up on my diet if not for the encouragement that I received via the fast? Perhaps... but such a small fast was a great benefit for me.

One thing I have not yet experienced that you mentioned to me John.... I have not experienced the change that you spoke to me about when the taste of my food will alter - when my taste will awaken... I haven't experienced this as yet... this awakening of taste. Will it still come? Is it a certainty?

Anyway I just wanted to drop you a line and thank you so much for all the help that you have given to me.



I'll keep you posted on my recovery!



Cheers!



Jim



 

No comments: